About UVA Health
Interested in working for University Medical Center or UVA Physicians Group?
Interested in working for UVA Health Northern Virginia & Culpeper?
UVA Health is an academic healthcare center associated with the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, comprised of the following entities:
- UVA Health University Medical Center including UVA Children's
- UVA Physicians Group
- UVA Health Northern Virginia & Culpeper
Culture, vision, and innovation—these are just a few reasons why UVA Health is an employer of choice for nurses and healthcare professionals not only in Virginia, but throughout the healthcare industry. Led by the input, ideas, and insights from our team members, we are resolute in our mission to transform health and inspire hope for all Virginians and beyond.
When you join UVA Health, you’re joining a nationally renowned community of medical practitioners, faculty, students, and other team members who teach, learn, innovate and advance the boundaries of science and medicine. We stand ready to meet the healthcare needs of our patients today and poised to address the medical challenges of tomorrow through the constant pursuit of innovation in clinical care, research, education, and community engagement.
Join our award-winning team of healthcare professionals working together to provide exceptional patient care, educate future healthcare leaders, pursue innovative and life-enhancing discoveries, and support the communities we serve.
Health and Hope for All
As a milestone in our almost 200-year history, we have created UVA Health’s first-ever enterprise-wide strategic plan: One Future Together | Health and Hope for All.
This plan outlines an ambitious set of strategic goals and initiatives to align our collective efforts across all four mission areas (clinical care, education, research and community) as well as our seven entities (the Schools of Medicine and Nursing, University Medical Center, University of Virginia Physicians Group, the Health Sciences Library, UVA Community Health, and UVA Community Health Medical Group).
It codifies our core values and establishes a unifying vision to be the nation’s leading public academic health system and best place to work by transforming patient care, research, education, and engagement with the diverse communities we serve.
We ASPIRE to Greatness
At UVA Health, our vision is to be the nation’s leading public academic health system and best place to work — while transforming patient care, research, education, and engagement with the diverse communities we serve. Every team member plays a part in our success, our growth, our innovation, and our continued discovery. We’ve built a thriving work culture built on trust, respect, and engagement.
Through this and a shared commitment to patient-first care, we have defined a core set of values that allow us to ASPIRE:
- Accountability: Acknowledging and assuming responsibility for where we have succeeded and failed in terms of our actions, decisions, policies, and results.
- Stewardship: Responsibly and carefully managing our resources and commitment to continual improvement and learning, while acknowledging shortcomings or problems in our quest.
- Professionalism: Approaching all that we do in a collaborative way, delivering excellent care through the lens of helpfulness, positivity, kindness, and competency.
- Integrity: Being honest, open, and fair through our behaviors, attitude, and treatment of others.
- Respect: Valuing everyone through our compassionate and caring ways.
- Equity: Fostering an environment of belonging that promotes justice, equity, and unity throughout the organization and within the communities we serve.