Would you like to view recently added jobs?
Culture, vision, and innovation—these are just a few reasons why UVA Health is an employer of choice for healthcare professionals not only in Virginia, but throughout the healthcare industry. Led by the input, ideas, and insights from our team members, we are resolute in our mission to transform health and inspire hope for all Virginians and beyond.
Located in Charlottesville the University Medical Center, one of seven UVA Health entities, includes:
- Level 1 trauma center
- NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UVA Children’s
The University Medical Center has recently grown to meet the needs of the communities we serve. In addition to providing a six-story building expansion and state-of-the-art facilities, this growth provides opportunities; opportunities for research, opportunities for learning; opportunities for collaboration; and opportunities for medical professionals in all stages of their careers.
Join our award-winning team of healthcare professionals working together to advance healthcare with expertise, research, training and compassion.
UVA Health: One Future Together | Health and Hope for All
As a milestone in our almost 200-year history, we have created UVA Health’s first-ever enterprise-wide strategic plan: One Future Together | Health and Hope for All. This plan outlines an ambitious set of strategic goals and initiatives to align our collective efforts across all four mission areas: patient care, research, education, and community engagement.
We ASPIRE to Greatness
At UVA Health, our vision is to be the nation’s leading public academic health system and best place to work — while transforming patient care, research, education, and engagement with the diverse communities we serve. Every team member plays a part in our success, our growth, our innovation, and our continued discovery. We’ve built a thriving team culture built on trust, respect, and engagement.
Through this and a shared commitment to patient-first care, we have defined a core set of values that allow us to ASPIRE:
- Accountability: Acknowledging and assuming responsibility for where we have succeeded and failed in terms of our actions, decisions, policies, and results.
- Stewardship: Responsibly and carefully managing our resources and commitment to continual improvement and learning, while acknowledging shortcomings or problems in our quest.
- Professionalism: Approaching all that we do in a collaborative way, delivering excellent care through the lens of helpfulness, positivity, kindness, and competency.
- Integrity: Being honest, open, and fair through our behaviors, attitude, and treatment of others.
- Respect: Valuing everyone through our compassionate and caring ways.
- Equity: Fostering an environment of belonging that promotes justice, equity, and unity throughout the organization and within the communities we serve.
When you join UVA Health, you join a nationally renowned community of medical practitioners, faculty, students and other team members who teach, learn, innovate and advance the boundaries of science and medicine. We stand ready to meet the healthcare needs of our patients today and poised to address the medical challenges of tomorrow through the constant pursuit of innovation in clinical care, research, education, and community engagement.
Patients from across the country turn to UVA Heath in their moments of need. Sometimes it’s a small moment for routine wellness; a life-changing and special moment, like the birth of a child; or a challenging moment that requires our utmost compassion, advanced specialty care and clinical expertise. These are the moments the team at UVA Health trains, studies and lives for.