Clinical Research Nurse Liaison (RN) - Infusion Center
The Clinical Research Nurse Liaison possesses a specialty focus on clinical research and serves to function as a role model patient advocate change agent leader educator consultant and clinician. This individual provides support to improve patient care and patient outcomes as they related to clinical research. In addition the Clinical Research Nurse utilizes evidence-based practice to coordinate and facilitate clinical research procedures for outpatient oncology according to regulatory body professional standards and the nursing professional standards at UVA. This job requires a range of nursing skills and abilities including but not limited to collaboration with the primary healthcare team to develop individualized care plans for study participants; facilitation of in-service instruction for members of the health care team and research team as appropriate; demonstration of autonomy as well as the ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary healthcare team to meet the needs of the patient and family; and promotion of clinical research in the clinical arena.
- Formulate care plans (primary emphasis on nursing communication nursing orders parameters and administration issues) in collaboration with Investigational Pharmacist and study team.
- Provides consultation to the principal investigator infusion center research study team or clinical nurse coordinators as it relates to clinical trial patients protocol and research guidelines.
- Patient treatment plans are routinely reviewed and compare to study protocol.
- Provide direct nursing care to clinical trial participants.
- Provides leadership and serves as a resource in the provision of the care and activities related to clinical …