The Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology at the University of Virginia School of Medicine seeks candidates for an Administrative Generalist to work collaboratively as part of an administrative team. The Administrative Generalists typically support multiple operational, fiscal, and administrative functions. They are able to independently understand and interpret policy and use judgement to perform their duties. The successful candidate will be expected to provide a high level of administrative support to include clinical support, QGenda schedule management, and maintenance of curricula vitae, calendar maintenance, recruitment logistics, pre-and-post travel coordination, correspondence, arrange meetings and seminars, coordinate travel, ordering, account certifications, website upkeep, planning events, expense reports, stocking, and coordinating with intradepartmental collaborators.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide general administrative support to portfolio of faculty who may have clinical, research, and/or education-related responsibilities.
- Place and approve orders for department faculty and labs for purchases under $5,000, on grant and non-grant accounts.
- Check account balances to ensure funds are available to make requested purchases, travel, or professional development expenditures.
- Process purchase requisitions, purchase orders, travel and expense reports, and accounting adjustments.
- Process purchasing card transactions on monthly basis.
- Advise faculty, staff and students on purchasing, travel and general reimbursements.
- Provide purchasing documentation to internal or external collaborators as needed.
- Communicate with vendors on purchasing transactions and …