Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - University Physicians Orange - Ambulatory
Responsible for providing direct patient care, ongoing education and reinforcement of care plans, and providing general support in an ambulatory setting under the direction or supervision of the patient’s physician or LIP/RN designee in accordance with policy, procedure, and competency to promote patient health and wellness.
This position requires providing services to all age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individuals served.
- Assist the registered nurse and/or provider through data collection concerning the physical, psychological, social, and cultural dimensions of patients according to practice standards and institutional policy/procedure
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Implements age-appropriate interventions based on individual patient’s needs as directed by the registered nurse/provider.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of care given in progressing patients toward desired outcomes.
- Provide ongoing education and reinforcement of care plans developed by the Provider/RN based on identified health and education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Provides a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care.
- In addition to other job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
View full job posting ➝