Child Life Supervisor
A member of the Child Life Team responsible for providing supervisory needs for the Child Life Department as it pertains to daily operations in relation to clinical assignments and managing Child Life coverage throughout the organization. The Child Life Supervisor will also maintain clinical competency to support the needs of pediatric patients as part of the overall clinical coverage strategy. In addition to clinical care, the Child Life Supervisor is expected to monitor and manage the proficiency of the Child Life Team, offering clinical expertise, guidance, and professional development. In collaboration with the Patient and Family Centered Care Manager, the Child Life Supervisor will be involved in continuous quality improvement, customer service, efficient and effective system processes and professional development. This role reports to the Manager of Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Ensures clinical coverage and supports staff to ensure patient and family needs are met.
- Monitors PTO, Kronos, Attendance, and daily coverage
- Communicates with Child Life Team, Patient and Family Centered Care Manager, and individual pediatric units when team members are unexpectedly out.
- Meets consults as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the Patient and Family Centered Care Manager and Family Amenities Coordinator to coordinate events.
- Works to ensure financial stewardship in relation to Child Life Budget.
- Partners with the Patient and Family Centered Care Manager to identify the various needs for patient populations.
- Evaluates team efficiency, maintains and tracks statistics on pediatric patients served, performs needs assessments, and identifies child life coverage needs in all areas that service children.
- Provides c…