Assistant Director, SOM Clinical Trials Office (hybrid-remote)
The School of Medicine Clinical Trials Office (SOM CTO) is seeking an Assistant Director. The Assistant Director is responsible for assuming primary leadership, coordination, and managerial responsibilities for multiple programs and initiatives within the SOM CTO, ensuring strategies and activities align with the SOM CTO’s overall mission. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for those programs and initiatives. The Assistant Director reports to the SOM CTO Director.
Job Duties include:
- Manage resources of assigned program areas to accomplish specified goals/objectives.
- Coordinate activities/services administered by assigned programs.
- Participate in the strategic and long-term planning for assigned program areas and assist the CTO Director in developing and implementing the overall CTO strategic plan.
- Establish performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in formulating and implementing policies and procedures for assigned areas.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of assigned program areas including the supervision of program managers. Provide guidance and direction to staff involved in assigned programs.
- Ensure all services provided by the assigned programs comply with institutional, state, and federal regulations.
- Facilitate or evaluate new and emerging program related materials/systems.
- Compile data, develop reports, and evaluate operations and outcomes to ensure alignment with SOM CTO’s goals.
- Provide guidance to CTO Director regarding individual research program managerial responsibilities.
- Serve on the management team with the Director.<…