Ambulatory Charge Nurse (RN) - Breast Center Clinic
The Charge Nurse position is an experienced professional who demonstrates clinical, leadership, and interpersonal skill proficiency.
The Charge Nurse facilitates and supports the clinical and operational needs of individual inpatient care areas in partnership with management.
- Leads day to day operations supporting safe throughput and access to care
- Ensures staffing according to patient needs and collaborates with leaders and using established staffing guidelines.
Accurately documents within labor management software to ensure fiscal stewardship.
Team member support
- Serves as a resource for team members and facilitates adherence to (or use of?) policies and clinical practice guiding resources.
- Ensures access to appropriate levels of care, and facilitates clinical/operational escalation as needed.
- Facilitates a calm and productive working environment
- Supports team members in non-patient care activities such as professional development activities, participation in practice environment problem solving, breaks etc.
- Supports patient experience through support of team member identified needs, service recovery and problem solving. Coordinates support services as needed to address patient needs. Engages with the team, patients and visitors to optimize the patient experience.
- Promotes closed loop communication and collaboration between team members, clinical disciplines and ancillary departments.
Environment of Care
- Manages care environment to ensure regulatory and safety standards are met.