Ambulatory Assistant Program Coordinator- Oncology Infusion Center
The Ambulatory Program Coordinator assists specialty clinic RN Care Coordinators (RNCC) with
additional and unique needs of the patient population. Ambulatory Program Coordinators perform clinical
functions (e.g. vital signs, medication review, pending of medication refills), assist RNCCs with
administrative tasks, and provide general support to RNCCs. Under the direction of the clinic manager or
designee, Ambulatory Program Coordinators support clinic functions by retrieving medical record,
covering Epic InBaskets, obtaining prior authorizations, and assisting with procedures. This position
requires providing service to all age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the
functional/developmental age of the individual served.
- Assists the RNCC and/or LIP in assuring effective and efficient clinic operations while maintaining consistent and accurate communication with team members, referring providers, and patients
- Assists the registered nurse and/or provider with patients’ physical, psychological, social, and cultural data collection according to practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Organizes and prioritizes patient care activities considering patient and interdisciplinary team needs.
- Implements age-appropriate interventions based on individual patient needs as directed by the RNCC or provider.
- Provides care for all age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
- Assists to develop and implement patient/family teaching plans based on identified health education needs and condition and age of the patient.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.