Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) - Inpatient Oncology & Stem Cell Transplant
A transformational leader responsible for supporting the nurse manager in administrative duties of the unit, especially during off shifts. The Assistant Nurse Manager will provide leadership by collaborating with members of the health care team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Participates in organizational and unit based quality improvement activities, and provide input on standards of care. Must provide patient care on an as needed basis and maintain clinical competencies with the potential for weekly patient care shift assignments.
- Supervises care provided by maintaining high visibility to patients/families and staff in the clinical area(s).
- Share accountability with manager for unit/department/organizational goals achievement including patient experience, team member engagement and continuous process improvement.
- Staff management to include recruitment, retention, coaching, training, evaluation and development, as well as preparation and delegation of work schedules and workflow.
- Under supervision from manager, participates in basic human resource functions.
- Provides managerial support as required. Develops implements and participates in Quality Improvement Processes activities. Works with members of the health care team in activities designed to improve patient care outcomes.
- Provides leadership and serves as a resource in the provision of patient care and unit activities. Assists staff in development of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Maintains all records pertaining to the staff competency and quality audits and other related records.
- Serves as a professional role mode…