Advanced Practice Provider CV Surgery Stepdown Unit 24/7
Responsible for provision of Advanced Practice Provider services, including assessment and management of patients across all clinical settings, (examples: ambulatory clinic, hospital, assisted living facility, skilled nursing facility/nursing home, ambulatory surgery center, and community settings), within the scope of licensing, training, and credentialing dependent on specialty.
• Works in conjunction with the medical director, administrative management, nursing and other interprofessional team members to facilitate patient care and management throughout the health care system.
• Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of medical processes and procedures commensurate with training and experience, as credentialed by UVA Health System.
• Performs and documents comprehensive health histories and physical assessments, to include initiation of CPR or other appropriate emergency therapy as needed.
• Formulates diagnoses, identifies problems and health risk profiles, documents and clearly communicates with other members of the health care team.
• Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies, such as x-rays and laboratory tests, in consultation with peers and colleagues.
• Performs procedures within scope of practice and UVA Health System credentialing and privileges.
• Orders medications, treatments and therapies in accordance with Virginia Prescriptive regulations.
• Requests consultation and initiates referrals to other health care providers, including specialists when and if needed.
• Evaluates and analyzes patient responses to the disease process and/or therapeutic, diagnostic interventions.
• Provides information, education and support to patients/families …