Advanced Practice Provider (PA/NP/APP) - Acute Care Newborn Medicine
Provides patient care services as part of a healthcare team. Responsible for assessment, diagnosis and implementation of treatment plans. Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests. Consults with other members of the healthcare team when appropriate. Instructs patients and family members regarding treatment.
• Independently and in collaboration with physician(s) and interdisciplinary team members, provides comprehensive clinical and organizational direction and leadership to the healthcare provider team in the care of patients.
• Performs comprehensive history and physical assessment
• Documents findings noting pertinent normal and abnormal findings
• Orders and interprets the appropriate diagnostic labs and tests
• Forms medical diagnoses based on history, assessment and diagnostic findings
• Develops, implements and evaluates treatment plans
• Prescribes and recommends pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions
• Initiates appropriate specialty consultations referrals when requisite
• Initiates and evaluates clinical pathways and protocols
• Collaborates with Attendings and/or Fellows regarding admissions and community transfers
• Facilitates the timely flow of patients via collaboration with interdisciplinary team members and supports all interdisciplinary relationships
• Recognizes acute/emergent situations requiring immediate responsiveness and initiates life-saving interventions, alerting the interdisciplinary team members for assistance
• Recognizes and incorporates age-specific requirements, communicates plan of care with patients and families
• Advocates for patients and family members in educational needs, treatment option…